- Massage Selection
- Buy Gift Cards
- Special Discounts
- Schedule Online
- Now Hiring
- What Sets Us Apart
- The Latest News
- Contact Us
Since 1991, Healing Hands Massage has been a leading provider of Licensed Massage Therapy in Chester and Delaware counties. Over the years our company has grown to include 4 well-established offices, an on-site corporate chair massage division, and a prestigious affiliation with the Chester County Hospital, as their exclusive massage therapy provider for patients.
With over 30 licensed, professional, experienced therapists, we strive to make each session we give the very best for our clients. Our scheduling options and pricing discounts make our services convenient and affordable for everyone to receive massage therapy.
- Featuring Organic Massage Creme
- Complimentary Aromatherapy with Every Session
- Open 7 days 9am - 9pm
- Full 30, 60 or 90 minute sessions
- Same day appointments (usually with as little as an hours notice)
- In-Home service
- Male & Female licensed therapists
From college students to businesspeople, tradesmen to retirees, we are proud to continue to make a difference in our clients’ health and well being by providing the best in massage therapy services.
Our Mission Statement Our Philosophy FAQ
Our Mission Statement
Healing Hands Massage is a prosperous holistic health care organization providing high quality therapeutic massage to thousands of customers. We are a powerful team of dedicated professionals holding ourselves to a standard of excellence and integrity. Our commitment to service, innovation, and success sets us apart as the premier massage business in the communities we serve. Our on-going contribution to a more peaceful, healthy world is supported by our creation of:
- Long Lasting, mutually beneficial relationships
- Wise, grounded leadership
- A sound business structure
- Financial Abundance
- Gratitude for Divine guidance
- A skilled, motivated staff
- An enjoyable, harmonious work environment
- Healthy expansion
- Thousands of happy repeat clientele
Many first time massage clients are surprised that something that feels this good, is actually GOOD FOR YOU. Here at Healing Hands Massage, we consider massage much more than an indulgence. We do provide a beautiful, ambient atmosphere in our therapy rooms that is conducive to relaxation; and it’s true that our Gift Cards make a wonderful gift for any occasion. But ultimately, our goal is to inspire all of our clients to BETTER HEALTH through massage therapy. Some of the well documented, long-term effects of massage therapy include:
- Better Circulation
- Improved Sleep
- Relief of Muscular Pain
- Reduced Stress Levels
- Stronger immune system
Receiving massage regularly, on a monthly or weekly basis, dramatically increases these positive effects. Arthritis, fibromyalgia, sciatica, headaches, and carpal tunnel syndrome, are just some of the conditions improved among our regular clients. Although massage therapy is non-invasive, we suggest discussing any questions or concerns regarding your particular health history with your doctor before booking with us.
Even if you are coming to us strictly with relaxation in mind, you will leave feeling wonderful and knowing we’ve made a positive impact on your overall health and well-being.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Healing Hands Massage registered in 1991.
- The same 2 massage therapists own and operate all four locations. All of the appointments for all 4 locations are scheduled out of one central office.
- Although we try to provide a beautiful atmosphere, and we do sell a large number of gift cards, we are more focused on massage therapy for overall health and well-being. Our goal is to build long-lasting relationships with our clients and truly care about providing each and every client with the best service possible. Last minute scheduling options, full 60 minute rather than 50 minute sessions, and individualized attention to the client's needs for the session rather than a routine are some of the ways we accomplish that goal
- Yes! Two clients can get their massage session in the same room when scheduling in our Media, Downingtown, and Berwyn locations, for a nominal extra fee.
- Yes! You can purchase and print gift cards and also schedule your appointment through the links right on our website.
- Yes! Gift Cards can be used by whomever has the physical card. For this reason, please treat your Gift Card like cash.
- While you can use the value of your gift card however you would like, the cost of two 30 minute sessions ($50 each) does not equal the cost of one hour session. Please refer to the pricing page for the values of each session.
- Yes! You can always add any service to any session, and then just pay the difference in price once the gift card value is redeemed.
- No. Gift cards are used only for the service value. However, you can use a credit card to add a gratuity for your therapist even if you are not paying for the service that way.
- We do our best to locate and replace gift cards based on the purchasers information. Please be sure to have us research this BEFORE scheduling your appointment. Full payment will be due at the time of your massage.
- Massages appointments can be scheduled 9am-9pm seven days a week. An hour session can be booked for as late as 8pm.
Our schedulers are available to assist you in setting your appointment from 9am-8pm Monday through Friday, 9am-6pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- We do our best to accommodate all clients even with as little as an hour's notice in most cases; however, evenings and weekends especially are our busiest times. We suggest calling as far in advance for those particular appointments as you can, or if you have special requests such as parties of 2 or more, couples massages, or therapists skilled in a particular technique.
- Yes! Our full 30, 60, or 90 minute sessions start when the therapist begins your massage, not when you first arrive.
- Although we do our very best to accommodate late arrivals and do not book our appointments too tightly together, the session may be shortened if another appointment after yours would be affected and started late as a result.
- Yes! We encourage you to find a therapist best suited to your needs and reschedule with them regularly! If you prefer to try different therapists, that is perfectly fine as well - It is all up to you.
- In general, most clients experience the greatest benefits from a monthly session. If you have specific problem areas that need attention, you may want to consider coming in weekly for a few times at first to get to a manageable level. Your therapist will discuss your particular needs and goals with you at the time of the session, and of course you are always encouraged to discuss any concerns with your doctor if there is a particular health concern.
- In addition to pain and stress relief, massage has been proven to improve sleep, circulation, and immune system function.
- Yes! We recommend only a 30 minute session for anyone under the age of 12.
Please note, if your child is under the age of 18, a parent will need to be in the room during the session. It is important to mention when scheduling that the client is a minor.
- Yes! Many of our therapists have particular training in techniques like reflexology, myofascial release, sports massage, neuromuscular therapy, reiki, and so on. Although most therapists prefer to tailor a combination of their learned techniques to the client's needs, and vary them throughout the session, please mention if you are looking for anything specific when scheduling and we'll make sure we match you with a therapist using the technique you are looking for.
- It is always encouraged to check with your doctor regarding using massage therapy to treat specific conditions. It is not advisable to have massage therapy until at least 4 weeks have passed after surgery. Massage therapy is very non-invasive and helpful to many conditions such as fibromyalgia, and we have helped many fibro clients here in particular.
- Prenatal massage is very helpful and encouraged all the way to the due date and beyond. For some clients, it may be advisable to wait until after the first trimester to get a massage. Check with your doctor first to be certain.
- In addition to massage strokes, we may include some passive stretching of the neck, shoulders, arms, and in some cases, the legs, after checking with the client to see if there are any range of motion restrictions.
- People generally feel a wonderful sense of relaxation and calm, increased flexibility, and sometimes a slight grogginess immediately following a session. If this is your first massage ever, or in several months or years, you may feel some muscular soreness for a day or two following the session. This may happen even if the pressure felt completely right to you during the session and is just an increase in lactic acid production resulting from the massage (similar to the soreness sometimes felt when doing a new exercise).
- We suggest drinking lots of water after your session, and depending on the client, maybe some moist heat or light stretching at home. Overall, you should just feel wonderful!
- Yes! All of our therapists have completed an accredited massage therapy program and are Pennsylvania state licensed or have applications pending. Many have additional training in advanced massage techniques including deep tissue work.
- Their experience varies approximately 1-20 years or more in the practice of massage therapy. Newer therapists attend hands-on workshops to learn expanded techniques before beginning work here, to ensure all of our staff have a high-quality, top-notch massage.
- Yes, always! Our schedulers will ask when setting your appointment.
- Yes, therapists accept gratuities and they can always be put on a credit card even if that is not your payment method for the session. The amount you choose is completely up to you, based on your appreciation of the therapist's skill level and focus on your goals for the session. $15-$20 is the average amount.
- You can dress in whatever you're comfortable in; it is always easier to wear less jewelry as neckchains in particular, large earrings, bracelets and watches can sometimes be hard to work around and/or take a while to remove. You do not need to get completely undressed, only down to where you feel comfortable; and you are covered completely by the sheet and blanket the entire time; only the particular area we work on will be uncovered at that time, such as the back, arm, or leg.
- You should feel relaxed throughout the massage, even during a deep tissue massage, in order to get the most benefit. In general, a firmer pressure usually feels better; but if you find yourself tensing, or holding your breath, it is too much! Please tell your therapist if you would ever like more or less pressure during your session - they will be checking in with you periodically.
- Sure! Getting a general body massage (including arms, legs, hands, feet, face & scalp) is always the most beneficial way to receive massage therapy; but if you would like your therapist to concentrate on only one area, such as the back, in particular, please let them know!
- No. Since we are not a "spa", we do not have the wraps, facials and other services offered there; we prefer to concentrate on the quality and consistency of hands-on massage therapy techniques here. We do, however, offer heat therapy, which is the application of moist heat packs, to assist in relieving muscle tension during your massage. It is available to add on to any session for a nominal $15 fee.
- Our Relaxation massages, unlike many spas, still consist of a fairly firm pressure that is not too light, nor too deep. It usually involves basic "swedish" (gliding and kneading) strokes that are applied equally to the arms, hands, legs, feet, face & scalp as well as the back; and includes some brief time spent on problem areas.
- Deep tissue massages involve a heavier-handed, firm to very deep pressure as needed; and also most often involve a heavy concentration on problem areas using more advanced techniques. We suggest the Deep Tissue massage for anyone experienced in receiving massage therapy that needs a session more geared towards problem area work and/or prefers a very deep pressure throughout their massage.
- Although it is easier to book ahead of time, your therapist can discuss the difference with you before beginning your massage and suggest an upgrade if need be once your goals are clear.